March 25, 2010

A Birthday to Remember

Today is my birthday! (At least in New Zealand it is)

Today I turn 22, and I have to admit, I love celebrating my birthday!  Who doesn't?  It's the one day that you can truly call your own. 

But have you ever really thought about why you celebrate your birthday?  I mean, let's just think about this for a minute.  It was probably the most traumatic day of your life, which is probably why you've spent your whole life blocking it out.  Also, you are celebrating getting older.  There is a certain point when getting older is no longer exciting....and I'm thinking that point is when turning 22.... :)

Perhaps we celebrate our birth day to remind us of the greatest birth there ever was, Jesus's birthday.  Think about that birthday.  That day brought hope and joy to the world.  That birth brought forth the fulfillment of God's plan of salvation for us all.  What a fantastic birthday!  Way better than any of our birthdays could ever hope to be.

Now, please don't think that I don't like celebrating birthdays.  As stated before, I absolutely love when it's my birthday!  Our birthdays are still extremely special and worth a celebration.  We just need to remember why it's such a special day.  As Psalm 139:14 states, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  Our birthday is a reminder of God's love when he made us.  We were crafted by God personally and we are his master showpiece!  God took the time to make us each unique and each his own.

As I celebrate my 22nd birthday today, I will remember why it's such a celebration.  It reminds me of the best birthday ever, and it reminds me of God's love for me.

Happy Birthday!!

9 comments:

  1. I am visiting from Hannah's blog, and wanted to say, "Happy Birthday!" God bless you!
    Love and blessings in Christ,
    Rachel M. from Hopejourney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I agree with you, but prefer to look at it as celebrating the Life and life Jesus has given you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN, ABBY! Hope you enjoyed an AMAZING birthday...love you! :-)
    --Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Abby! Hope it was an amazing day for you!

    Blessings,
    Megan
    www.followinghispath2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Abby! I hope your day is wonderful! :)
    --Abigail

    P.S. So, do you just go by Abby (and your full name is Abigail), or is your full name Abby? My curiosity is never satisfied in matters such as this until I have attained an answer. ;) Besides...if your full name is Abigail, then we're practically twins! haha. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha,

    Abigail, you are talking to another Abigail. However, I have been called Abby since before I was even born, so that's what I usually go by. I love the name Abigail too though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby...I will call you Abigail if you'd like. Mom only calls you Abigail when you're in trouble. Which, by the way, if memory serves me correctly, was quite infrequent.

    Rachie

    ReplyDelete
  8. When are you posting again?

    You need to write. now.

    ReplyDelete